As a team building exercise, to promote an interactive, engaging activity outside of work, the Sales Team at Sportworks Northwest, volunteered half their work day to help a local rescue sanctuary, Pasado’s Safe Haven.
Although everyone’s hope was to work with the animals and clean their stalls, we ended up completing some much-needed landscaping; and we were still able to meet several of the Safe Haven family and have a private tour.
At Pasado’s Safe Haven they work hard to end animal cruelty and become the voice of those who cannot speak for themselves. Here are just a few items with which their tireless efforts are supporting:
- Investigations and Rescue: They are helping improve the response to crimes against animals through investigations, rescue and training programs.
- Sanctuary: Their 85-acre sanctuary is home to over 200 dogs, cats, and farmed animals, most of whom arrived from cases of cruelty or neglect.
- Outreach: They connect people with online and sanctuary-based education and advocacy initiatives designed to reduce animal suffering and grow compassion.
- Homelessness Prevention: They are preventing unwanted animals and shelter overpopulation through targeted spay and neuter and food bank programs.
As a shout out for Pasado’s Safe Haven and supporting their immediate and future endeavors please consider keeping up our day of compassion by supporting them with:
- Sponsor an animal! Sponsoring an animal is a great way to support their work with a monthly gift, while knowing that your gift gives back to the animals.
- Find out if your company participates in Workplace Giving What’s better than making a donation to help end animal cruelty - when that same donation is matched by your employer!
- Start changing lives with their 7Lives in 7Days challenge and make the world a more compassionate place.
- If in the Seattle WA area, become a Volunteer, Host a Benefit, or check out their Rental Space for your next team retreat!
Overall, this unique team building day was a great day of volunteering and learning about my co-workers on a new level. I look forward to another Compassion Day with my team at Sportworks.