Title: Bike Parking Sales Representative – Colorado Region
Job Category: Base Salary + Commission, Full Time
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Location: Colorado (Based in Denver/Boulder)
Sportworks Northwest is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle transportation and infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses and railcars enjoy wide acceptance, they transport more than two million bikes per month worldwide. Our innovative bike parking products continue to push the industry forward. We also manufacture complex assemblies for a variety of contract customers who are leaders and innovators in their own industries.
The Bike Parking Sales Representative position combines elements of inside and outside sales, business development, account management, customer service and research into a single position. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, and comfortable with some ambiguity while determining what it takes to successfully grow in a new sales territory.
This position will include finding new territory leads, transitioning cold leads into warm leads, developing enduring relationships with customers, advocates, installers and value-added resellers, as well as executing bike parking product order entry. The position also requires successful cross-functional collaboration with many groups within the company, including: Customer Service, Engineering, Procurement, Operations, and Accounting.
This is a base salary plus commission opportunity with a strong emphasis on working as a team to develop and sustain long-term customer relationships. There will be an assigned geographic territory responsibility to maximize customer relationships and grow territory sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Lunch and Learn sessions at Architect and Landscape Architect offices within the assigned territory targeted at design audiences and product specifiers
- Call sales prospects and follow up on leads from different sources as found through research and ongoing lead generation activities
- Perform ongoing research with a focus on identifying contacts, sales leads, and project bidding status via construction databases, web-based articles, blogs, etc.
- Respond promptly to inbound sales and product inquiries generated by phone, website traffic, postcard mailings, lead generation services, etc.
- Attend strategic trade shows and other industry events within territory to create awareness about Sportworks, generate leads, and to reinforce the company’s reputation
- Travel within territory required
- Assist customers with product information, quotes, order entry, order status, billing inquiries, returns, warranty issues, space layouts and other general support needs
- Qualify, enter, and track customer requests for modified or new products needed to support sales efforts
- Accurately perform data entry for sales orders
- Gather customer feedback and insights to support product development and engineering
- Maintain accurate and timely sales opportunities and customer information in Salesforce as well as reports for managers, sales team and marketing
- Responsible for customer contract review
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company policies, procedures and standards
- Visit the home office in Woodinville, Washington as required for training and to participate in key Line of Business decisions.
Experience & Qualifications
- Requires minimum two (2) year of outside proactive sales experience, account management, and customer service
- Willing to consider a relationship with an independent representative or firm with appropriate skills and background
- Experience in a business-to-business environment with a long sales cycle
- Experience with commercial and/or mechanical products
- Experience with products specified by architects, landscape architects, and planners, and/or supplying products to building owners, building managers, colleges, universities, transit agencies, and municipalities preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication style
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system preferred
- Experience with an ERP system or other sales order management system preferred
- Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity and figuring things out as you go
- Exceptional work habits with the ability to work independently
- Public sector bid (RFP/RFQ) experience preferred
- High energy team player with a “can do” attitude and bias towards action
- Proficient using standard business software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and some Adobe Creative Suite products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- Passion for active transportation and livable communities
- Love of cycling and outdoor activities
- Willing to have fun and do great work
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Outdoor and bicycle industry purchase programs
Sportworks employees enjoy our casual and unique work environment, emphasis on work-life balance, and working alongside others who share a passion for active lifestyles. More information about Sportworks is available at https://www.sportworks.com/about-sportworks.
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Outside Sales Representative” to firstname.lastname@example.org, attach your resume, and include a cover letter that explains why you are interested and how you heard about the position.
Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position