Title: Manufacturing System and Process Engineer
Job Category: Salary, Full Time Exempt
Reports To: Vice President Engineering
Sportworks Northwest is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle transportation and infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses and railcars enjoy wide acceptance, they transport more than two million bikes per month worldwide, while our innovative bike parking products continue to push the industry forward. We also manufacture complex assemblies for a variety of contract customers who are leaders and innovators in their own industries.
We have an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer who has had experience designing fabrication tooling, working with robotic and automated machine systems, and can troubleshoot electrical control systems. This Engineer will also provide production engineering support for all our lines of business. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent initiative and accountability, working with minimal supervision to support both new products and existing processes.
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of manufacturing engineering and/or tool design experience.
- Intermediate user level of a 3D solid design package, Autodesk Inventor experience preferred.
Key Job Skills and Traits:
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical control systems and coordinating machine maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand and use electrical schematics.
- Experience using, programing, and repairing robotic systems is a plus.
- Experience designing machine control systems, both PC and PLC based.
- Experience with plant electrical distribution system design and repair.
- Experience with fabricated metal products.
- Experience with tube bending and metal forming desired.
- Experience with writing part process plans and work instructions.
- Develops new tools for commercial production.
- Coordinates equipment procurement, construction, and commissioning.
- Improves existing processes through tooling or method changes.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Interact professionally with both internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document manufacturing process plans for fabrication and assembly operations.
- Determine tooling requirements and provide cost estimates.
- Estimate process cycle times.
- Document process capabilities of various manufacturing operations.
Process & Product Development
- Design moderately complex manufacturing processes.
- Coordinate and participate in the fabrication of pre-production parts and assemblies.
- Produce mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic diagrams as required.
- Oversee construction and wiring of equipment.
- Perform machine start-up and functional debug.
- Test to qualify the performance of the equipment and release to production.
- Design part specific tooling to be used for the new and revised processes.
- Coordinate all purchasing for both custom and catalog parts.
- Coordinate all in-house fabrication of parts and assemblies.
- Perform on-going production performance reviews and make improvements when appropriate.
- Design and coordinate the construction of required special tooling.
- Perform process training as required by the 1st article procedure.
- Support ongoing operations by troubleshooting and solving production problems.
- Coordinate and implement improvements to production equipment including robotic work centers, mills, drills, saws, presses, CNC benders, MIG & TIG welders.
- Lead repair and re-programming efforts on a variety of digitally controlled machinery.
- Perform process audits to ensure that the process plans are being followed and the production equipment is working properly.
- Coordinate with the Quality Inspector to verify that tools and processes create parts meeting design requirements.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Discretionary bonus program
- Outdoor industry purchase program
- Athletic club membership discount
Sportworks employees enjoy our casual work environment, emphasis on work-life balance, and working alongside others who share a passion for the active lifestyle available in the Puget Sound region. Learn more about Sportworks: Click Here
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position.