Sportworks is a fast-paced growth company passionate about making the world more accessible and bike friendly. For more than 30 years Sportworks has designed and manufactured transit bicycle racks and bike parking solutions supporting the use of bicycles as an environmentally friendly and cost-effective mobility solution. We serve a wide range of global market segments where there is a need for secure and user-friendly ways to park and store bicycles.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering, Sportworks is seeking a resourceful and driven Manufacturing System and Process Engineer, a highly visible role with an amazing opportunity to apply critical thinking, curiosity, and creativity. The ideal candidate is passionate about a LEAN working environment, has experience with locally designed and manufactured products, is inspired by complex customer and market challenges, and embraces innovative technology and ideas.
What YOU will do:
- Define manufacturing processes and equipment requirements in our factory, including deployment of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Document manufacturing process plans for fabrication and assembly operations, and support ongoing operations by troubleshooting and solving production problems.
- Partner with Operations Team to implement improvements to production equipment including robotic work centers, mills, drills, saws, presses, CNC benders, MIG & TIG welders.
- Assume ownership of modeling, design, parts, tools, drawings, processes, manufacturing operations, and other collateral.
- Support production and quality improvements, value engineering, estimating process cycle times, and cost reductions.
- Be point contact for product engineering issues found in the field.
- Coordinate and participate in the fabrication of pre-production parts and assemblies.
Qualifications for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in product management or product development engineering.
- Ability to design processes for welding, assembly, and fabrication.
- Adept at maintaining, troubleshooting, and fixing customized and automated equipment.
- Experience designing machine control systems, both PC and PLC based.
- Ability to read, understand and use electrical schematics.
- Fluent computer user with 3D CAD experience, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- Sound problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Sets a high bar and is a champion of a LEAN working environment and continuous improvement.
- Voracious, curious, and active learner. A strong bias for action and a result focused and independent self-starter not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Organized, detail oriented, strong project management skills yet humble. Doesn’t let perfect get in the way.
- Strong communication skills and works extremely well with others providing support.
- A cross-functional collaborator, active listener, and strong believer in the power of teams.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- COVID-19 Vaccinated.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Some tool design and process development experience.
- Experience with welded assemblies and bent tubing products. Experience with FEA and conventional Stress Analysis a plus
- Experience with QFD, DFMEA and other design methods
- Creativity with mechanism and linkage design desired
Top 4 reasons Sport works is recommended as a great place to work:
1. Culture and values come first … with leaders who “walk the talk”
2. Opportunity to make a significant impact, while accelerating personal development
3. We’re mission driven: Promoting the use of bicycles as a convenient and cost-effective mobility solution
4. A fast-paced growth company
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match
· Bicycle commuting amenities
More about Sport works:
Founded in 1990, Sportworks is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses are preferred by cyclists and transit operators, and transport more than 2 million bikes per month Worldwide. Suppling an end-to-end solution for sustainable mobility, we also supply innovative bike parking products for public and private-sector clients. More information about Sportworks is available at: https://www.sportworks.com/abo...
Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position.
Click here to submit an application for this role.