Sportworks Northwest is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses enjoy wide acceptance, they transport more than 2 million bikes per month worldwide, while our innovative bike parking products continue to push the industry forward. We also manufacture complex assemblies for a variety of contract customers who are leaders and innovators in their own industries.
Summary of Function:
The Sales and Support Specialist (SSS) combines elements of customer service, sales, and account administration into a single position. The role's primary objective is to support existing customers, as well as establish new customers who call and email by using a consultative sales approach. Successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong customer focus, will be detail oriented, and possess excellent communication skills.
The SSS reports directly to the VP of Sales & Marketing. The SSS supports both the Vehicle Rack and Bike Parking lines of business. The position also requires cross-functional communication and collaboration with many groups including Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Product Development and Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to inbound product inquires generated by phone, fax and/or email
- Assist customers with product information, quotes, order status, expedite requests, billing inquiries, returns, warranty issues, product returns, and other general support needs
- Complete, deliver and follow-up on customer quotes. Maintain opportunity list of qualified leads and remain in contact from initial communication through PO receipt
- Execute order entry to ensure order accuracy, and that all PO's are entered within 24 hours of receipt
- Provide product/customer feedback to support the ongoing Product Development Process
- Maintain a proactive outbound customer contact process to cultivate customer relationships and follow up on opportunities
- Assist with special support and sales related projects as needed
- Answer phones, redirect calls as necessary, and manage company voice mail
- Enter and maintain weekly OEM forecasts
- Coordinate logistics for international customers
- Review bid documents, manage bid process ensuring timely submittal
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years of Customer Support and Sales Operations experience
- Proficient using standard business software including ERP for Manufacturing, Salesforce CRM, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- User of Salesforce CRM
- Experience supporting mechanical products in a commercial market
- Strong customer focus with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and successfully resolve customer concerns
- Excellent organizational, communication, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication style
- Exceptional work habits with the ability to work independently and successfully in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, shift focus easily, and create a strong sense of urgency
- High energy team player with a "can do" attitude
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Discretionary bonus program
- Outdoor industry purchase program
- Athletic club membership
Sportworks employees enjoy our casual work environment, emphasis on work-life balance, and working alongside others who share a passion for the active lifestyle available in the Puget Sound region. More information about Sportworks is available at https://www.sportworks.com/about-sportworks.
Please send resumes to email@example.com and let us know how you heard about this opening. Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position.