Title: Sales Representative - Bike Parking
Job Category: Salary, full time exempt
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Sportworks Northwest is an industry-leading manufacturer of commercial bicycle transportation and infrastructure products. Our bike racks for buses and railcars enjoy wide acceptance, and transport more than two million bikes per month worldwide. Our innovative bike parking products continue to push the industry forward and are a major source of corporate growth. We also manufacture complex assemblies for a variety of contract customers who are leaders and innovators in their own industries.
The Sales Representative – Bike Parking role is a hybrid position combining elements of both inside and outside sales, business development, account management, customer service and research into a single position. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, self-directed, eager to learn, willing to help write the playbook as they go, and comfortable with some ambiguity while determining what it takes to successfully grow a newer line of business.
This position will include prospecting with lead generation tools nationwide, transitioning cold leads into warm leads, developing enduring relationships with customers, advocates, installers and value-added resellers, as well as executing bike parking product order entry. The position also requires successful cross-functional collaboration with many groups within the company, including: Customer Service, Engineering, Procurement, Operations, and Accounting.
This is a non-commission opportunity in keeping with our strong emphasis on working as a team to develop and sustain long-term customer relationships. There will be geographic territory responsibility, which will evolve and change as the bike parking product line grows.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Lunch and Learn sessions at Architect and Landscape Architect offices within the assigned territory targeted at design audiences and product specifiers
- Call sales prospects and follow up on leads from different sources as found through research and ongoing lead generation activities
- Perform ongoing research with a focus on identifying contacts, sales leads, and project bidding status via construction databases, web-based articles, blogs, etc.
- Respond promptly to inbound sales and product inquiries generated by phone, website traffic, postcard mailings, lead generation services, etc.
- Coordinate all arrangements and attend trade shows and other industry events (as a part of a team) to create awareness about Sportworks, generate leads, and to reinforce the company’s reputation
- 10-20% domestic travel required
- Assist customers with product information, quotes, order entry, order status, billing inquiries, returns, warranty issues, space layouts and other general support needs
- Qualify, enter, and track customer requests for modified or new products needed to support sales efforts
- Accurately perform data entry for sales orders
- Gather customer feedback and insights to support product development and engineering
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts, such as the creation and maintenance of standard processes and procedures
Experience & Qualifications:
- Requires minimum one (1) year of inside or outside proactive sales experience, account management, and customer service
- Experience in a business-to-business environment with a long sales cycle
- Experience with commercial and/or mechanical products
- Experience with products specified by architects, landscape architects, and planners, and/or supplying products to building owners, building managers, colleges, universities, transit agencies, and municipalities preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication style
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system preferred
- Experience with an ERP system or other sales order management system preferred
- Self-starter comfortable with some ambiguity and figuring things out as you go
- Exceptional work habits with the ability to work independently and also successfully in a team environment
- Public sector bid (RFP/RFQ) experience preferred
- High energy team player with a “can do” attitude and bias towards action
- Proficient using standard business software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and some Adobe Creative Suite products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
- Passion for active transportation and livable communities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Discretionary bonus program
- Outdoor industry purchase program
- Athletic club membership discount
Sportworks employees enjoy our casual work environment, emphasis on work-life balance, and working alongside others who share a passion for the active lifestyle available in the Puget Sound region. Read more about Sportworks.
To apply, please send an email with the subject “Sales Representative - Bike Parking” to email@example.com, attach your resume, and include a cover letter that explains why are you are interested and how you originally heard about the position.
Please note that we are not accepting inquiries from agencies or recruiters for this position.