Bike Parking Layouts and Site Planning
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin
With the continued popularity of cycling on the rise, infrastructure must keep up with demand and continue to permeate the landscape. Unfortunately, in many parts of the country, there is no regulation on how bike racks are installed, or what kind of bike racks are being chosen. As evidenced by frustrated cyclists across the country, far too many bike parking options do not allow for the easy, secure access that is needed to properly secure a bike.
At Sportworks, we believe that just as Benjamin Franklin said, "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Bike parking planning is critical for several reasons:
- All Sportworks layouts ensure that the bike parking used remains practical while maximizing the available space.
- We believe that proper cycling infrastructure is critical to ensuring long term access for all. Poor infrastructure planning and installation leads to reduced rates of involvement. After all, if we want to encourage cycling as a mode of transportation, we need to make it easy and provide secure end of trip accommodations for all cyclists.
In order to minimize lead times and provide an effortless customer experience, there are a few things that we need from you to make your project a success:
- -DWG or vector file formats are preferred.
- -Non vector file formats can be used
- -Fully dimensioned hand sketch can also be used
- -Floor mounted and/or wall mounted bike racks
- -Desired/required capacity
- -Horizontal and/or vertical parking
- -Spacing between bikes
- -Aisle way clearances
- -ADA parking requirements
- -Doorway, switch box, maintenance closet or other clearances required
- -Areas or walls/floors not suitable for bike parking
- -Height restrictions