At Sportworks, we take environmental responsibility very seriously. Our bike racks are made with post-industrial recycled steel. We trace the location of origin and material/chemical composition of all the raw materials and sourced components we use. We also monitor VOC content in our finishing materials, and use recycled content in our packaging materials.
Installation of Sportworks bike racks may assist your project in qualifying for the following green building certification programs:
· SS Credit 4.2-Alternative Transportation-Bicycle Storage and Changing Rooms
To qualify for this credit, commercial, institutional or residential buildings must provide secure bicycle parking within 200 yards of a building entrance.
· MR Credit 4.1—Recycled Content—10% | MR Credit 4.2—Recycled Content—20%
Sportworks mild steel bicycle racks average 30% total recycled content; 20% post-consumer recycled content; 10% pre-consumer (post-industrial) recycled content.
· MR Credit 5.1—Regional Materials—10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally | MR Credit 5.2—Regional Materials—20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally
Our manufacturing facility is in Woodinville, Washington. If your project is within 500 miles of our factory, you may qualify for these credits.
Sportworks bike racks can help you qualify for the following Green Globes™ credits:
· E.2—Minimal Consumption of Resources
Sportworks racks are made with recycled content and may be considered locally manufactured depending on the location of your project in relation to our factory in Woodinville, Washington.
· C.5—Energy Efficient Transportation
Sportworks racks support the requirement of providing safe storage areas with fixed mountings for bicycles.