Recognizing the rise in people commuting via rail with their bicycles, Sportworks has released their newest offering to the market, the SpinLock interior bike rack. This rack is designed for use on bus rapid transit vehicles as well as railcars. Patent Pending.More info
Motivated by the need to extend capacity beyond the bus front, the InterLock is an ideal solution for safely transporting bicycles inside transit vehicles. The InterLock interior bicycle rack was designed with a unique front wheel securing system that is fast and easy to use. Considered a semi-custom design, the InterLock™ can be adapted to an array of interior transit vehicle locations, and easily stores out of the way when not in use.
The InterLock's simple, intuitive design requires minimal lifting and allows for two-handed contact on the bicycle at all times. The rack efficiently stores bicycles to minimize aisle interference when in use, and produces minimal lateral movement even during quick stops and hard turns. The InterLock™ is the ideal choice for public transit vehicles (including rail cars) when additional bicycle carrying capacity is required.
- Intuitive design allows users to safely and quickly load/unload bicycles
- Rounded outside corners for rider and passenger safety
- Integrated ratchet strap secures the back wheel for increased stability
- Modular design allows for numerous mounting options and angels to fit the space and achieve high density parking
- Minimum number of parts are used on the rack, making it easy to maintain, providing years of dependable service
- When in use, bicycles are stowed in a manner that does not impede on the walking aisle of the vehicle, allowing passengers to freely move about the length of the vehicle without difficulty
- Unlike other “hook and hang" racks, the InterLock™ employs a weight activated front wheel retention system designed to provide superior lateral and vertical retention
For detailed product specifications including dimensions, weight capacities, safety, construction and operational information, please see the InterLock Spec Sheet (.pdf) available under Downloads on this page.