The Apex 3 is our modular 3-position bike rack and it has the most compact layout of any 3-position transit rack. The Apex 3™ is recommended for use on full-sized, cutaway and paratransit vehicles.More info
The sleek, compact and modular Apex 2 follows in the footsteps of the Apex 3 transit bike rack. The frame, wheel trays, and support arms have been designed to reduce bounce while the rack footprint is minimized for better vehicle turn radius, less turn signal and headlight interference and improved safety. This innovative 2 position bike rack is the new standard for bike racks on buses.
The Apex 2 carries two bikes on a completely modular frame and is compatible with existing Sportworks mounting brackets. Other benefits include:
- Modified wheel trays accommodate a large array of bikes with up to 29" diameter wheels, 3.2" wide tires and a 48" wheelbase
- New support arm handles provide improved ergonomics and ease of use
- Modular design reduces maintenance costs by allowing damaged and worn out parts to be easily replaced
- Rugged stainless steel construction with anti-glare finish provides maximum corrosion resistance
- Right hand drive configuration available
- Optional fat tire trays and support arms accommodate tires up to 5.5" in width and a 51" wheelbase
For information about safety, vehicle requirements, and other usage information please refer to our FAQs.
If you have specific questions about transporting E-bikes on bus racks check out this article: Transporting E-bikes On Transit Vehicles.