The Apex 3 transit bike rack sets a new standard for safety and performance in transit bike racks. The frame, wheel trays, and support arms have been completely redesigned to reduce bounce, and minimize the rack's footprint for better vehicle turn radius, headlight/turn signal visibility and improved safety.
The Apex 3 is the first 3-position rack recommended for use on cutaways (excluding Chevrolet 4500 and 5500) and other small vehicles measuring 96" or greater in width excluding mirrors, and is compatible with existing Sportworks mounting brackets. Other benefits include:
- Modified wheel trays accommodate largest array of bikes with up to 29" diameter wheels, 3.2" wide tires and a 48" wheelbase
- New support arm handles provide improved ergonomics and ease of use
- Modular design reduces maintenance costs by allowing damaged and worn out parts to be easily replaced
- Rugged stainless steel construction with anti-glare finish provides maximum corrosion resistance
- Right hand drive configuration available
- Optional fat tire trays and support arms accommodate tires up to 5.5" in width and a 51" wheelbase
For information about safety, vehicle requirements, or California State Law and bus length regulations please refer to our FAQs.
If you have specific questions about transporting E-bikes on bus racks check out this article: Transporting E-bikes On Transit Vehicles.